Sunday, July 01, 2007

Swiz - "Down" 7"

Between the birth of my beautiful daughter and school, there is precious little time for mp3 blogging of late.

This is the first 7" of the great D.C.-area group Swiz. I saw them multiple times in Albany and Connecticut in the late 80s, including on the awesome "SwASide" tour with Soulside and New Jersey greats American Standard (upcoming post -- American Standard's first LP, stay tuned). Trivia: vocalist Shawn Brown was Dag Nasty's first singer (Aug 1985 - Feb 1986) before quitting to form Swiz. He later sang for a number of other bands, most recently in Jesuseater.




Songs:
Much
Time
Cause
Lie

Visuals:
Cover (large)
Back Cover
vinyl side A
vinyl side B
Insert A
Insert B

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a great 7in" i got this a long time ago in DC its on clear blue and think my copy use to have a mini comic great band though!

July 19, 2007 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude-- thanks for posting this -- I still have my copy of this 7'. Grew up in DC and saw Swiz many times.. Sunstroke still fuckin' rocks.

October 22, 2007 8:06 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I read somewhere Sean was fired from Dag Nasty because he wasn't melodic enough. I found that weird since he sounds nearly identical to 'Can I Say' Dave Smalley in the early Dag Nasty youtube clips I've seen.

Swiz are a great band!

December 07, 2007 3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

think that 7" is available on the 'no punches pulled" CD complilation

August 11, 2009 12:45 PM  
Anonymous djcart said...

Awesome!I like this,maybe someone want download some samples like in these tracks , i share with u - www.lucidsamples.com

October 21, 2017 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home