Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Squat or Rot EP Volume 1



This is the first installment of a few compilations of bands from New York's Lower East-Side squat/anarcho punk scene in the late 80s and early 90s. Well, mostly. I wouldn't label my favorite band of the bunch, SFA, as an "anarcho" band really, and they labelled themselves "hatecore" as a matter of fact. I have a great live show of them with Poison Idea that I taped at the Pyramid Club in 1991 or so. I'll post that soon, along with the second volume of Squar or Rot. Instead of record sleeves. The Squat series were always folded inside a newspaper of squat/punk/Lower East Side news, as pictured here. Anyway here's 5 tracks of hardcore and punk stuff from NYC.

SFA - "Gyroscope"
Resisturz - "Nazi Bullshit"
Nausea - "Productive Not Destructive"
Public Nuisance - "Dead End Street"
Radicts - "6 of Them

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this on vinyl while at a salvation army. Possibly the best album i have ever listen to.

January 26, 2009 10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know this is going back like 4 years now, but did you ever get around to posting Squat Or Rot Vol.2?

January 11, 2010 9:40 AM  
Blogger Vinyl Head said...

Huh,

I don't even remember if I have Vol 2. I think I have one other volume though so that is probably it. Did I promise to do this at some point in the past? I've had virtually zero free time in the past 3 years. I'll see if I have it and might even be able to post, but I won't have time to scan in all the images (and my only working scanner sucks now anyway).

January 11, 2010 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home