Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Raw Power "Wop Hour" EP

Raw Power is my favorite Italian hardcore/thrash/ cross-over/ whatever-you-wanna-call-it band. They have been around since 1981, though I think their first recordings were done in 1983.

Though they never broke out of hardcore obscurity, they are still active today (touring California as I write this). I believe singer Mauro Codeluppi is the only remaining original member since his brother Giuseppe (guitar) died in 2002.

For my money, the best stuff from this band is from their 1984-86 lineups. A lot of their stuff is available on CD, but it appears that this 7" EP remains available only on used vinyl and, now, here. Enjoy.

I Do What I Like
You Are The Victim
Factory
Destroy

2 Comments:

Blogger millah87 said...

Awesome.Thanks for posting. I have this 7" but I'm glad I don't have to get the equipment to encode it myself.

August 26, 2009 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

def this band;/album and crucifix dehumaniztion (I have both on orig vinyls) are my favorite ever(I got a crucifix dehum...shirt off ebay last week, nice t-shirt great quality)US hardcore is the greatest luv that thrash too! sam smolenhausen

February 03, 2010 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home